- If the patient wishes his/her Primary Care Physician (PCP) may continue to provide primary care and consult with our Medical Director (Doctor of Internal Medicine) and the hospice interdisciplinary team to provide input for hospice care issues.
- Our medical directors are certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine with expertise in palliative care, pain and non-pain symptom management, ethics, advance care planning, and End-of-Life care
- Our Program Medical Director is a Hospice Medical Director Certified (HMDC) by the National Hospice Medical Director Certification Board created by the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM)
- Visits patients at home, nursing facilities, residential/group homes and other settings as requested by the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), family and as necessary to alleviate distressing symptoms
- Provides medical oversight with the IDT including input in the hospice Plan of Care and supportive care to patients and family
- Our Medical Directors are part of the core group of the IDT
- Approximately 75% of our clients use our Medical Director as their attending physician.
Compass Hospice of Big Spring
1900 S. Gregg St., Suite C, Big Spring, TX 79720
Compass Hospice of Dallas
13747 Montfort Dr. Suite 107 Dallas, TX 75240
Compass Hospice of Midland
3001 W. Illinois Ave., #3A, Midland, TX 79701
Compass Hospice of San Antonio
140 Heimer Road, Suite 750, San Antonio, TX 77232